Did you know the average family of four uses 5,000-8,000 gallons of water annually in their washing machine alone? If 100 families installed a simple Laundry-to-Landscape greywater system, we could save 500,000-800,000 thousand gallons of water a year and put that precious water into our gardens instead of sending it the waste water treatment plant.
Daily Acts’ aim is to mobilize and support the installation of hundreds of greywater systems in Sonoma County. Are you in???
- Save water–depending on your water usage, your family will save thousands of gallons of water each year
- Save money – we will teach you to use the water that you’ve already paid for, again!
- Enhance Safety – your laundry will be safer for your family and the environment by using plant-friendly detergents and cleaners
- Create Beauty – you will increase the beauty and bounty of your home gardens, by irrigating with grey water
- Build Community – build community by working together with neighbors and friends on your greywater installation!
- Build a Movement – get educated, engaged, and trained to share the goodness with others.
Laundry-To-Landscape (L2L) System Overview
California plumbing code defines greywater as wastewater generated from bathroom sinks, showers, tubs and washing machines. Though all of these sources represent great opportunities to transform waste to resource, the Laundry-to-Landscape system is the simplest, most cost-effective, and does not require a building permit, making it an excellent place to start!