We currently have an opening for Administrative Assistant. Check back often and please volunteer with us!
Administrative Assistant (30 hours per week at our Petaluma Office)
Daily Acts, a growing sustainability nonprofit in Petaluma, is seeking a motivated, proactive and energetic individual to join the team as our new Administrative Assistant!
Reporting to our Associate Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing multiple tasks in our busy, collaborative work environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with administrative support experience to grow and further develop their skills at a vibrant, highly effective, fast-paced nonprofit.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the Daily Acts office. Primary areas of responsibility include operations and administrative support, data input and donor processing, as well as providing support to our Development and Programs teams. The position requires someone who is attentive to details, comfortable coordinating multiple tasks at once, and can maintain a positive, can-do attitude.
Operations and Administrative Support
• Act as the first point of contact for the public (phone, email and reception).
• Collect and process mail and perform banking duties including recording and processing deposits.
• Provide general administrative support (filing, note taking, etc.) and coordinate bulk mailings.
• Purchase office supplies, and keep supplies stocked and well-organized.
• Coordinate repair and maintenance of office equipment (computers, phones and printers).
• Become proficient in the operation of internal systems (database, server, email, etc.) and provide to support to staff members.
• Complete reconciliation process for events and send post-event mailings.
• Maintain organizational archives.
Data Input and Donor Processing
• Help maintain organization and individual donor files and records.
• Update and maintain organizational trackers (media, quotes, hours, events, communications, etc.).
• Assist with the processing of donations and preparation of acknowledgement letters, reports, and general correspondence.
• Continually update and correct database records to develop accurate reporting.
Development and Programs Support
• Provide assistance to the Development Manager in the planning, execution and follow-up for special fundraising and recognition events (e.g. Ripple the World, Summer Soiree, Soil to Supper, Stewardship Circle Sundays and Harvest Party, as needed
• Support Programs Team with event execution, as needed.
• Minimum of two years administrative experience in a fast-paced environment (preferably with a nonprofit organization).
• Strong data entry skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
• Ability to organize details, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
• Ability to work closely with team members to ensure a positive, constructive work environment.
• Familiarity with Quickbooks a plus.
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
• Highly organized and resourceful.
• Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude.
• Ability to thrive in a flexible, high-flow environment.
• Sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
• Integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for the Daily Acts’ mission.
Compensation: $15-$17/hour depending on experience
No telephone inquiries please. To be considered for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters, which must be no longer than 1 page, should detail your qualifications for the position.
To learn more about Daily Acts, please peruse our website.