Under the guidance of the Programs Manager, the Programs Coordinator will plan, implement, track and administer education, outreach and volunteer programs; work to build community stewardship of municipal landscape model sites; and represent Daily Acts within the community with the highest possible level of inspiration and professionalism. This job includes field work involving digging, shoveling, planting, and lifting and loading heavy materials.
• In collaboration with the Programs Manager, develop and implement work plans including defining goals, tasks, timelines and outreach activities.
• Implement program activities including coordinating outreach; social and print media; participant registration; volunteer recruitment; presenters and educators; agendas and talking points; materials, logistics and follow-up.
• Coordinate all aspects of skill-building and educational presentations, workshops, tours, and installations.
• Identify, foster and maintain relationships with key community partners to increase impact and engagement.
• In collaboration with the Programs Team, develop and coordinate community stewardship of municipal landscape model sites.
• Track and report on all program and contract-related activities, to quantify program metrics and outcomes.
• Collaborate and support other Daily Acts programs such as Leadership, Environmental Health and action campaigns to maximize opportunities for greater program integration.
• Support organization-wide fundraising events (e.g., Ripple the World breakfast, Soil to Supper and others).
• Represent Daily Acts at community events and meetings.
• Confident public speaker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle a diverse array of tasks to a high standard
• Self-starter, takes initiative with high level of professionalism
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Proven ability to take initiative and troubleshoot problems effectively
• Team player with excellent interpersonal, group facilitation and collaboration skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing demands, while maintaining a grounded, positive and proactive attitude
• Strong computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
• Flexible schedule with availability to coordinate and attend events on weekends and evenings (averaging 3-4 per month)
• Integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for the Daily Acts’ mission
• Knowledge of permaculture design and concepts
• Knowledge of water conservation, stormwater management and watershed conservation
• Well-developed network of contacts (community, business, municipal, school, etc.) within Sonoma County.
• Bilingual Spanish speaker
Perks of Working for Daily Acts
• Opportunity to “be the change” in your community
• Casual office attire and attitude (with professional meetings, on occasion)
• Grow your network along with conservation, ecological and DIY skills and knowledge base
• Office conveniently located off the 101 in Petaluma
• Networking with the giants in the Permaculture field
• Flexible schedule with Tuesday-Saturday option
This position is a full-time (40 hours/week), hourly position and is based in Petaluma.
No telephone inquiries, please. To be considered for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To learn more about Daily Acts, please visit us at www.dailyacts.org.
Cover letters, which must be no longer than 2 pages, should detail your qualifications for the position. Applications close on January 26th, 2020.