About Daily Acts
Daily Acts, a growing sustainability education nonprofit based in Petaluma, CA, is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic, collaborative team.
Daily Acts’ mission is to transform our communities through inspired action and education, which builds leadership and local self-reliance. To affect systemic change, we begin with the most accessible whole system, at home and in our gardens, with our actions. Our programs create empowering solutions that regenerate nature and unleash community genius, spreading the skills, models and policies to significantly reduce resource use and catalyze local self-reliance.
By growing skilled, engaged people and networks and creating replicable models, we are taking homegrown solutions to scale. Through tours, workshops, events and community mobilizations, we teach people how to conserve water, reuse graywater, reduce waste, grow food and to tend chickens, bees, and community. This supports sustainability leaders and models, while empowering people to transform their lives, homes and neighborhoods. By working in partnership with municipalities and alliances on water conservation and sustainable agriculture, we provide educational programs, create model landscapes and influence innovative policies for greywater, turf reduction, stormwater runoff and rainwater catchment.
To learn more about Daily Acts, please visit our website at www.dailyacts.org
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the Daily Acts office. Primary areas of responsibility include operations and administrative support, data input, donor processing, and Development and Programs Support.
This position requires someone who is attentive to details, comfortable coordinating multiple tasks at once, and can maintain a positive, can-do attitude in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment.
Operations and Administrative Support
- Act as the first point of contact for the public (phone, email and reception).
- Collect and process mail and perform banking duties including recording and processing deposits.
- Provide general administrative support (filing, note taking, etc.) and coordinate bulk mailings.
- Purchase office supplies, and keep supplies stocked and well-organized.
- Coordinate repair and maintenance of office equipment (computers, phones and printers).
- Become proficient in the operation of internal systems (database, server, email, etc.) and provide to support to staff members.
- Maintain organizational archives.
Data Input and Donor Processing
- Help maintain organization and individual donor files and records.
- Update and maintain organizational trackers (media, quotes, hours, events, communications, etc.).
- Assist with the processing of donations and preparation of acknowledgement letters, reports, and general correspondence.
- Continually update and correct database records to develop accurate reporting.
Development and Programs Support
- Provide assistance to the Development Manager in the planning, execution and follow-up for special fundraising and recognition events (e.g. Ripple the World, Summer Soiree, Soil to Supper, Stewardship Circle Sundays and Harvest Party, as needed
- Support Programs Team with event execution, as needed.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree desired, with a minimum of one year administrative experience in a fast-paced environment (preferably with a nonprofit organization).
- Strong data entry skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Ability to organize details, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Ability to work closely with team members to ensure a positive, constructive work environment.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
- Highly organized and resourceful.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, high-flow environment.
- Sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for the Daily Acts’ mission.
- Familiarity with Fundly CRM a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in any of the following: sustainability practices, sustainable agriculture, water conservation, Permaculture, gardening or farming
The position is 30 hours per week.
Hourly rate = $16.50/hr
Hours will usually be Monday – Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work available.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Assistant in the subject line. Position open until filled.
Daily Acts is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate based on an individual’s race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.