How to Make Lotion
- Digital scale
- Measuring cups
- Pouring pot
- ⅔ cup rose water
- ⅓ cup aloe vera gel
- Essential oils of your choice *optional
- ¾ cup herb infused olive oil
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp lanolin
- 1 ounce beeswax
- Combine waters in a glass measuring cup, add essential oils – set aside.
- In sauce pan combine the oils.
- Over low heat them just enough to melt.
- Pour oils into a blender and let them cool to room temperature. The mixture should become thick, creamy, semisold and cream colored.
- When the mixture has cooled, turn on the blender at its highest speed. Put the lid on and remove the glass center piece. In a slow, thin drizzle, pour the water mixture into the center vortex of the whirling oil mixture.
- When most of the water mixture has been added to the oils, listen to the blender and watch the cream. When the blender coughs and chokes and the cream looks thick and white, like buttercream frosting, turn off the blender. You can slowly add more water, beating it in by hand with the spoon, but don’t overbeat! The cream will thicken as it sets.
- Pour the cream into jars. Store in a cool location.
How to Make Lip Balm
- 2 Tbsp beeswax pastille
- 2 Tbsp shea butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter
- 30 drops peppermint essential oil
- Melt oils in double boiler or saucepan.
- Add essential oils
- Pour into lip balm containers
*this recipe makes about 12-14 tubes